5G mobile networks are the same as early 2G , 3G, and 4G mobile networks. 5G networks are digital cellular networks . In this network, the service area covered by the provider is divided into many small geographic areas called cells. Analog signals representing sound and images are digitized in mobile phones, converted by analog-to-digital converters and transmitted as bit streams. All 5G wireless devices in the cell communicate with the local antenna array and low-power automatic transceivers ( transmitter and receiver ) in the cell via radio waves . The transceiver allocates channels from a common frequency pool, which can be reused in geographically separated cells. The local antenna is connected to the telephone network and the Internet through a high-bandwidth fiber optic or wireless back haul connection. As with existing mobile phones, when users cross from one cell to another, their mobile devices will automatically “switch” to the antenna in the new cell.
The main advantage of the 5G network is that the data transmission rate is much higher than the previous cellular network, up to 10Gbit / s, which is faster than the current wired Internet and 100 times faster than the previous 4G LTE cellular network. Another advantage is lower network latency (faster response time), less than 1 millisecond, and 4G is 30-70 milliseconds. Due to faster data transmission, the 5G network will not only provide services for mobile phones, but will also become a general home and office network provider, competing with cable network providers. Previous cellular networks provided low-data-rate Internet access suitable for mobile phones, but a mobile phone transmission tower could not economically provide enough bandwidth as a general Internet provider for home computers
- The peak rate needs to reach the Gbit / s standard to meet the transmission of large amounts of data such as high-definition video and virtual reality .
- The air interface delay level needs to be around 1ms to meet real-time applications such as autonomous driving and telemedicine.
- The large network capacity provides the connection capability of hundreds of billions of devices to meet the Internet of Things communication.
- The spectrum efficiency is more than 10 times higher than that of LTE.
- With continuous wide area coverage and high mobility, the user experience rate reaches 100 Mbit / s.
- The flow density and connection number density have been greatly improved.
- The system is coordinated and the level of intelligence is improved. It is manifested as a multi-user, multi-point, multi-antenna, multi-ingest collaborative network and flexible automatic adjustment between networks.
The above is the key difference between 5G and previous generations of mobile communications, and it is the result of the gradual transformation of mobile communications from technology-centric to user-centric